It is very important that you (and your parents, if you're under 18) review the following rules so that you know what you can and cannot do on The Looking Glass Wars’s Card Soldier Wars website. By using this site, you and your parents agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
The following basic rules must be followed:
1. The accounts, activities, items, crystal shards, characters, locations, games and card soldiers are for you to play with while on the site. Except as permitted by the functionality of this site, you can't sell them (for money or Crystal shards), give them to anyone, trade them for anything (including Crystal shards), or pretend you made them. You can display our pictures on your own personal web pages for your personal noncommercial use ONLY as long as you write either "Copyright 2006 Automatic Pictures, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Used With Permission" or "© 2006 Automatic Pictures, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Used With Permission" on EVERY page with our pictures and/or text and you link directly to us. By the way, this means that you can't sell ads, barter for stuff, offer your services, or otherwise earn money, Card Soldier Wars items, or Crystal shards either on web pages that contain our pictures and other Materials, or by using our pictures or other Materials, such as by offering to make Card Soldier Wars banners or backgrounds for others.
If there is anything you are unsure of about this, please contact us using this form and we will do our best to give you a quick answer.
2. All Wonderlander names, shop names, broods, content on the message boards, Screen Scrolls, Card Soldier Wars Messages (except Warnings!), come straight from other Card Soldier Wars' users, not from someone at Card Soldier Wars.com. If you see anything mean or nasty on the site, or anyone sends you anything that makes you uncomfortable or asks for your password or personal information (such as your name, address or phone number), please let us know immediately by using this Form so that we can handle it right away! However, reporting false abuse or inappropriate feedback will not be tolerated and will likely result in a frozen account.
3. All user content and communications on the Card Soldier Wars site is filtered and monitored. So that everyone has a good time, you understand and agree that you will not post or send through the site any words, images or links containing or relating to:
i. profanity, obscenities ("swear words"), sexual content (express or implied, including inappropriate acts with or by your Wonderlanders or card soldiers for "real" or in role play).
ii. dating requests or offers for yourself, other people, or your Wonderlander or card soldiers.
iii. attacks, comments, or opinions about other people or things that slander, defame, threaten, insult or harass another person.
iv. gangs, gang-slang, or the promotion of gangs.
v. chat rooms or links to sites with chat rooms.
vi. promotions offering prizes of any sort (including contests, raffles, lotteries, chain letters or any kind of giveaway)
vii. materials created by someone else without their express written permission.
viii. information that might identify another user (including posting a link to your personal guest book)
ix. material regarding political, social, or religious views or opinions.
x. links to or advertisements for third party commercial Web sites
xi. Wonderlander or card soldier names, account usernames, store fronts, or any descriptions or names that would be considered inappropriate under our Terms and Conditions.
xii. "cheats" or "hacks", or information or links to sites claiming to have these.
xiii. requests for user passwords.
xiv. requests for money by using your Wonderlander, card soldier, crystal shards or any other Card Soldier Wars property on third party sites or your personal websites. This includes Ebay.
xv. scams of any kind (including requests to users to change their email address).
xvi. "spamming" (repeatedly posting the same message) or "party boards".
xvii. anything that suggests it's from a member of the Card Soldier Wars staff.
xviii. trying to test Card Soldier Wars' message filters (or encouraging others to do so).
xix. other information that Card Soldier Wars deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate for this site.
BEWARE: If you do any of the above we may freeze your account permanently or suspend you from using your account for up to 72 hours. Please note that depending on your account history and the type of infraction, you may be frozen or suspended for breaking the rules and that you WILL be frozen for multiple infractions.
4. Do not create any new Card Soldier Wars Wonderlander accounts if you are not going to take care of them. You cannot have multiple accounts just to get more crystal shards or items. You are only allowed one (1) account and can earn Crystal shards with only one (1) account. Users who break this rule can have all of their accounts frozen. Do not use your other accounts to attempt to gain an unfair advantage over other users by restocking, gaining trophies, etc.
5. If you cheat on Card Soldier Wars games or use cheat programs, including non-Card Soldier Wars software or programs, to play the games we will freeze your account. In addition, Card Soldier Wars may freeze any other account that has directly or indirectly benefited from the use of such programs.
6. If you write something that catches our eye on a message board, in an email or Card Soldier Wars mail, we might want to use it on the site or elsewhere when talking about the site. If you're under age 18, remember to ALWAYS check with your parents before you send anything to us or post anything on the site! By sending in your content and comments, you (and your parents) are agreeing that it's okay to repeat on the site and elsewhere what you say, and it's even all right for us to use it in an ad. So, this means we can use it in any way we want, anywhere, until the end of time.
7. You understand that, as part of playing on the cardsoldierwars.com site, you will receive e-mail from Card Soldier Wars that lets you know when certain events happen with your Wonderlander, your bid wins at the auction, etc. You also agree that occasionally Card Soldier Wars.com can send you special offers that you are under no obligation to accept. An example woulf be an announcement of the release of The Looking Glass Wars novel.
8. Attempting to gain access to someone else's account and/or account information, or trying to get other people's passwords is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Your account (Wonderlanders, card soldiers, shops, etc.) will be deleted and you will be permanently banned from the site.
9. Remember, this is a free website and we reserve the right to prohibit the use of the site to any user at any time.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS SITE AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED ON IT ARE DISTRIBUTED AND TRANSMITTED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE OR MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE WITH REGARD TO THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS AND VALIDITY OF ANY MATERIAL RESTS WITH YOU. YOU, THE USER, ASSUMES THE COMPLETE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS TO THE SITE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE, WHETHER THE MATERIAL IS PROVIDED OR OTHERWISE SUPPLIED BY CARD SOLDIER WARS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEEDING THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE.
THIRD PARTY HYPERLINKS
The appearance of external hyperlinks and/or other materials generated by third parties does not constitute an endorsement by CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES, its subsidiaries and affiliates, of the opinions or views expressed by these third party web sites. CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES explicitly disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy, content, availability, currency, completeness or quality of the content contained at these sites. Further, CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services offered, accessed, obtained by or advertised at such sites. As such, neither CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES nor its subsidiaries and affiliates are responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information contained in these sites.
CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES encourages discretion when browsing the Internet using anyone's service. Because some sites employ automated search results or otherwise link you to sites containing information that may be deemed inappropriate or offensive, CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in third-party sites, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such sites. Thus, under no circumstances will CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, caused by the exhibition, distribution or exploitation of any information or content contained within these third party hyperlinked sites.
UNAUTHORIZED LINKS TO SITE The Card Soldier Wars allows users to link their site Card Soldier Wars-related fan sites to the cardsoldierwars.com homepage (http://www.cardsoldierwars.com). However, by using this website, you specifically agree not to link to any pages within the cardsoldierwars.com site without Card Soldier Wars express written approval. If you do not receive such express written approval prior to linking to an internal page on cardsoldierwars.com, you hereby consent to an injunction to be entered against you by a court of competent jurisdiction, as provided herein, permanently enjoining you from linking to any internal pages from the cardsoldierwars.com site.
DENIAL OF ACCESS Card Soldier Wars, for any reason and at its sole discretion, may decide that any person shall be denied access to any part of the cardsoldierwars.com site. The sending of an e-mail notice by Card Soldier Wars to any e-mail address used by a person who is subject to the denial shall constitute complete and sufficient notice of the denial. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you agree to cease and desist immediately from any attempt to access the site upon issuance of a denial. If you do not cease and desist, you hereby consent to an injunction to be entered against you by a court of competent jurisdiction, as provided herein, permanently enjoining you from attempting to access the cardsoldierwars.com site.
INDEMNIFICATION You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, representatives, and third party providers to the site from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you. CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES reserves the right to assume, at its sole expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES in asserting any available defenses.
You agree not to design, disseminate or use any third party programs designed to change the game play on the site including, but without limitations, programs such as autobuyers, flash game cheats, autofreshers, and snipers. Any use, dissemination or design of such programs is a breach of these Terms you will be responsible for any resulting damages to the cardsoldierwars.com. You agree that if you disseminate, design or assist in the design of a third party program that changes the game play on cardsoldierwars, you will pay Automatic Pictures, Inc. liquidated damages in the sum of Fifty Thousand Dollars for each such program as liquidated damages. You agree that if you use such a program on the cardsoldierwars.com website, you will pay Automatic Pictures, Inc. liquidated damages in the sum of Five Hundred Dollars for each time you use a program.
Automatic Pictures operates and controls the Site from its offices in Los Angeles, California, in the United States of America. CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES makes no representation that the Site is appropriate or available in other locations. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Software from this Site is subject to United States export controls. Thus, no software from this Site may be downloaded, exported or re-exported (a) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading any software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of, any such country or on any such list.
These Terms and Conditions are effective until terminated by either party. Users may terminate this Agreement by destroying all Materials (including without limitation, all related documentation and all copies and installations thereof, whether made under these Terms and Conditions or otherwise) obtained from this Site (or any other web site or source). The privileges granted to you under this Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically without notice from Card Soldier Wars if, in our sole discretion, you fail to comply with any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions. Upon such termination, you must destroy all Materials obtained from this Site (or any other web site or source), and all copies thereof, whether or not made under the terms of this Agreement.
This Agreement contains the entire understanding of you and Card Soldier Wars, and supersedes all prior understandings of the parties hereto relating to the subject matter hereof, and cannot be changed or modified except by a writing signed by you and an authorized signatory for CARD SOLDIER WARS AND ITS OWNER AUTOMATIC PICTURES. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be illegal or unenforceable, the Agreement will be deemed curtailed to the extent necessary to make it legal and enforceable and will remain, as modified, in full force and effect. This Agreement and all matters or issues collateral thereto will be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with, the internal laws of the State of California applicable to contracts executed and performed entirely therein (without regard to any principles of conflict of laws). You hereby agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or the site shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the County of Los Angeles, in the State of California. Further, you hereby expressly consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.